Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Home with Sawyer

It's been a week since we got to bring little Sawyer home. He is such a good baby. He rarely cries or spits up. He eats so much too!! I still get emotional about things but hearing how Lauren, Jason, and her family are doing brings me some peace. I think about them all the time. I am so glad she has so much support from lots of  people, esp. her parents. That makes a world of a difference. Lauren has a wonderful mom and dad that love her so very much. I have known her mom for many years and got to know her pretty well. She is very talented in many ways and has taught me a thing or two : ) I admire her in so many ways.
When we gave Sawyer his first bath, he didn't like it very much. That really is the only time he cries. Today when I gave him a bath he was crying and when I turned around, all the dogs had migrated to the bathroom to see what was going on. The dogs are getting used to Sawyer more each day. I sensed a little jealousy at first but now they are starting to accept him as their own.

Brett likes reading to Sawyer and Sawyer pays close attention to the colorful pages. Here he is reading a book called "My New Boy".

For Sawyer's one week birthday, Brett and I got him a new all-terain radio flyer wagon for him and his pal Bruiser to cruise in. It was kinda chilly outside so we just pulled them around in the house.
We took Sawyer to meet his Great-Grandmother Joy yesterday. She is my Mom's biological mother. While we were there we found out that Sawyer's Great-Great Grandmother is still alive and local. I didn't even know that. He also met another Aunt Sharon and Uncle Jeff and some cousins. Him and his Uncle Jeff share a birthday. Sawyer is getting so much attention from everyone.
Last night his Aunt Lindsey and Cousin Knox of his flew in from Tennessee to meet him.

(Here is Cousin Knox and Great-Grandma)
Brett and I are bonding more and more with Sawyer each day. We love him so incredibly much and we are just so happy to finally be parents.

Nap time at the Frandsen's.
Oh yea, one more thing, we went to Grandma's to play some games and when I went to change Sawyer's diaper, his belly button cord had fallen off. Now he can take a real bath!! Sawyer seamed to like playing games too.

2 comments:

  1. Since you have known the birth mother's mother, will there be visits by the birth parents?? You do not have to answer, I was just wondering how that would/will work. I know you can either allow them to keep contact (letters and such) or not allow any contact. At least I've heard this!

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Background