Saturday, January 10, 2015

HELLO AGAIN!!! Trips, BIRTH FAMILIES, Weddings, and MORE!! Hello 2015!

The past several weeks we have been traveling the US like crazy. We left NY and headed to Pennsylvania,  Ohio, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Wyoming, Utah, Arizona, & TEXAS!! We have had a blast. We also got to spend time with BOTH of the Boys' Birth Families and that was fantastic. Here is come shots of our journey. Enjoy!! 
On our way out, Buffalo, NY had a MASSIVE snowstorm that blew through there the day before. There were 12 piles of snow on the sides of the roadways!!

Our first overnight stop was in Ohio. While we were there we decided to do some church history and visit Kirtland. 
 The Kirtland Temple is now owned by the Church of Christ. Unfortunately we got there a little to late so we didn't get to tour inside. 

 This was a cool store to tour. We both just got done reading about about the history of the LDS church and this store is mentioned a LOT. The book is called "Brother Joseph... Seer of a New Dispensation" by Skousen if your interested. We LOVED it! 
Then we stopped at this EPIC CHRISTMAS HOME!
 Yep... It's Ralphie's Home from the movie "A Christmas Story"! 
 The Leg lamp is still in the window. The inside of the house is EXACTLY how it was in the movie. It's like a little time capsule. 
 Then off to Indiana. Nothing there.
Then Illinois!!
 One rule we have when road tripping is to NEVER eat at a restaurant that we could eat at at home. My Step-Dad recommended that we stop at a restaurant close to Chicago called Giordano's. It was like a party in the mouth. The pizzas are SO thick and delicious!


  We also decided to stop in Nauvoo and spent a day there. The boys really enjoyed it. There was so much fun stuff for the kids to do there. 
 After reading the book I mentioned earlier it was so surreal to be at this spot. Joseph Smith was a very inspiring man.
 The Nauvoo Temple
 After a fun filled day there, it was off to Iowa and then Nebraska. Corn. Corn. and MORE Corn fields. We were both surprised at how beautiful Iowa is!!
 After 5 hours of staring at corn we made it to Wyoming. Lots of tumbleweeds. I was SO hoping to see a Moose but we didn't have much luck finding one. 

It's amazing how nothingness can be so beautiful. 
We FINALLY made it to UTAH!!!
We got to see Jamison's Birth Family :-) Here he is with his Amy. 
We saw my Crazy Fun auntie Mary. This video is a reaction to her watching a video on youtube titled, :"The WEIRDEST VIDEO EVER!" Warning... if you watch it, you may have a face like this for a while. 
Jamison celebrated his 3rd Birthday with all of his family at CHUCKE CHEESES. 
His Mommas sure do love him!!
We spent time at Brett's Parents Cabin in the Mountains. It was SO Beautiful!!
We found the PERFECT 12 foot Christmas Tree!! It was a little tricky getting it in the cabin. 


They had SO much fun!!
We went and saw A Christmas Carol. Summer and I snuggled. 
Then so old friend from MONROE came to visit us!!! It was a nice little reunion :-)


Then Sawyer and I took a Mommy/ Sawyer trip to TEXAS to see his Birth Family!
I also got to see my brother JOE :-) He just got engaged to the most wonderful girl EVER!!
After we landed we stopped at OLE SOUTH PANCAKE HOUSE for some GERMAN PANCAKES!! Oh how I've missed these!!
The next day we saw LAUREN, JAX & MIMI!!!! 
We discovered that Lauren and Sawyer have matching Lucky Freckles on their hands. It was so cute!
OHHH how I have missed my Girl!!!
Sawyer and his baby Birth Brother Jax!
Mimi snuggling her Grandsons. Just missing Jamison :-(
You can see where he gets his Super good looks!! Oh I love this so much!!
The next day they surprised us with a trip on the POLAR EXPRESS!!!!


They Believe!! It was so much fun!! 

The next day we spent time with Sawyer's Birth Dad, Jason and his family. It was his little girls Birthday party. Sawyer's half sister :-)
 Sawyer and his Birth Sister sweet little Madelyn. She has the sweetest spirit!! We love her!!
Getting ready for the ticket blaster!

Ok... how cute are they?!?! I have to talk a second about Jason's Girlfriend Gaby. I love her SO MUCH!! We have adopted her as well and are so grateful she is part of our family. Her love and support in our unique family is so appreciated. She really is one amazing girl :-) Love you Gaby!


Then it was time to go back to Utah for the remainder of our trip. Lauren had sent Sawyer off with some snacks and entertainment. It was great!
The Aunties loves their Nephews. The boys are giving them "backrubs". 


Heethe came to visit us from Idaho. He is my cousin from IDAHO!! Sadly I was SOOOO deadly ill the whole time he was there so we didn't get to do much :-(

These head scratcher are just plain amazeballs!




I had 2 cousins get married while I was there. This one is Shaylee. I think she looks like Taylor Swift!! She was one beautiful bride. 
When another cousin, Steffany, was getting married she had a bachelorette party the night before. This one one of the silly party games. I won!! LOL
She was also a beautiful bride. I had the honor of doing her bridal photos and wedding photos!! Congrats cousins! Your husbands are some lucky men :-)
Then it was time to go back home on our long roadtrip. It took us 3 days but it was so worth it. We got lucky and dodged all the storms.
It was a wonderful trip and full of fun and laughter. The boys got lots of love from lots of their grandparents. There were lots more pictures but I just posted a few for now. It was a great trip but we are glad to be back home with our dogs. They did a good job watching the house for us. No more long trips for us for at least 2 months! LOL Brett is off to Haiti in March for a medical mission trip. I decided not to go at the last minute so the boys and I will have to find things to do while he's gone. 
Ok now that I am all caught up, I will now resume the blog postings!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Background