Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Tender Moments




Sawyer is 4 1/2... turning 5 in a few months. Lately we have had some very tender moments together. Sawyer has always been a very good talker...from a very young age. He has been asking lots of questions lately that are a bit more "grown-up" than his usual ones. ("Why are the clouds blue?", etc.) He is now asking questions about his kissing, babies, adoption, Jesus, with a few random questions thrown in to the mix too. Some of his questions leave me thinking "What in the world??!?! Where did that come from??!?!" With every question though, I answer as age appropriate truthful as possible. I also encourage questions and make sure I don't make him feel embarrassed to ever ask me anything. I truly hope we have a special open relationship forever. I always want my boys to feel comfortable coming to me with questions or fears. 

Last night he asked me a very tender question. He asked how long I waited for him to come. I told him "6 1/2 years". He said, "Mom... I know why you had to wait so long." Puzzled I said, "Oh really, why?" His reply:" Mom, that is how long Heavenly Father took to make me for you. I just took more time than other kids." 

Tender.

I love his mind. I love the way he is always coming up with answers to problems. Having talking time with our kids will always be important in our home. Every night we eat dinner as a family and chat about everything!! We also have lots of talk time when we tuck the boys in at night. Some of our most precious conversations happen at those 2 times of the day. 

I love my kids so so so so so much. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Background