Hi, I can't tell you how much this post resonates with me, thank you for sharing.
Pretty much everything you said is something I've experienced and felt over the past two years. Our daughter's birthmom has gotten pregnant twice since our daughter was born (our DD is 4) and chose to parent those children. It's been so difficult for me to process this because our DD's birthmom isn't in that much different situation than she was when my daughter was born. And she just turned 20. She was making so many positive changes in her life and then within a few months of meeting her new boyfriend everything just changed.
It's been hard knowing she had three children by time she was 20 and here I am struggling with wanting another sibling for our children. We've had one pregnancy in 10 years of trying. I am happy for her, but just wish the circumstances these children will grow up were just different. It's hard to process the emotions sometimes, but we will always love her regardless. I totally get where you are coming from.
Thanks for sharing! (if you haven't already, check out therhouse, it's an adoption blog with lots of followers that I'm sure have similar situations!)
ReplyDeleteWonderful News but the music is so loud that I couldn't hear much of what you said! Is the new little one a boy or girl? Again, Congrats!
ReplyDeleteHi, I can't tell you how much this post resonates with me, thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeletePretty much everything you said is something I've experienced and felt over the past two years. Our daughter's birthmom has gotten pregnant twice since our daughter was born (our DD is 4) and chose to parent those children. It's been so difficult for me to process this because our DD's birthmom isn't in that much different situation than she was when my daughter was born. And she just turned 20. She was making so many positive changes in her life and then within a few months of meeting her new boyfriend everything just changed.
It's been hard knowing she had three children by time she was 20 and here I am struggling with wanting another sibling for our children. We've had one pregnancy in 10 years of trying. I am happy for her, but just wish the circumstances these children will grow up were just different. It's hard to process the emotions sometimes, but we will always love her regardless. I totally get where you are coming from.
Congrats on being matched... so exciting!