Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Are Birth Mothers REALLY Moms?

1 comment:

  1. Love that you talked about this. We also have a very open adoption with our sons Birth mother. We always celibate birth mothers day, and mothers day. One for her and one for me. We have different roles and they do not conflict with one another. I will never be his birth mother and she will never be his active mother. Though both roles are extremely important to Ira and his identity development. I see it the same way as you do. I appreciate the time you took to talk about this topic. I think the real question is... are our Birth Mothers a Mother in God's eyes. Of course they are. They continue to love, ache and care for them in a different way, a very important way. They chose to take care of their child, by giving them more than they were able at that specific time. They didn't abandon them or give them up... they gave them more. They sacrifice the desires of their own heart for the benefit of their little ones. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Background