This is my beautiful hard drive to my computer. A few days ago, my DARLING little Son innocently put one of his toy magnets on my computer.... directly about where the hard drive is. It was a little magnet I picked up for him a few days earlier at the DOLLAR store of all places. When he set the magnet down, my computer immediately started making a clicking noise. I started to panic!! I have SO much stored on this computer!!! Pictures, videos, artwork, letters, etc, etc, etc. I grabbed the computer, loaded up the kids, and drove down the road to an apple repair shop. By just the sound my computer was making they told me the damage was done. EVERYTHING was gone. G.O.N.E. :-( I panicked. I was almost on the verge of tears knowing that all of those precious memories were now lost. Then I looked over at my little boy who was on the verge of tears himself. I could tell he was so SO sorry. His little sad face sad it all. At that moment, it didn't even matter that it was gone. I knelt down, grabbed my son and just hugged him. I told him that I knew it was an accident and that it would be alright. Seeing him in that moment of guilt was not worth the loss of a few pictures. I told him that now we can make lots of new memories to fill Mommy's computer. Nothing is more important to me than my kids. I am SO thankful that they are here to look at and snuggle every single day. I don't take a moment of them for granted.
A few days later I tried the geek squad at Best Buy to see if they could retrieve my hard drive. Nope. Then I remembered, I had backed up my files just a few months earlier, and the things I didn't back up were already uploaded to shutterfly for a book I am making. Soooo.... The loss wasn't that bad after all.
Today I got my computer back with a brand new hard drive. It has TWICE the memory it originally had. Yayyayyy!! I also created a dropbox to back up my files just in case another magnet finds its way to my hard drive. Learn from us and keep those pesky dollar store magnets AWAY from your electronics. :-) Lesson Learned.

No comments:
Post a Comment